Thursday, January 5, 2012

Squiggoth Battlewagon WIP - Ork Clan Snakebites

Here is one the latest projects I am working on, still very early WIP.  I will be adding another level of walkway around the sides and rear, as well as armor plating to cover much of the front and sides.  Once completed I will add a larger lower jaw which will house several large tusks for my "run as" Deffrolla.

The plans for this model are to be ran as a standard Battlewagon in friendly games and a Squiggoth if I ever find anyone that plays Apocalypse games.  I do not know the exact size of the Squiggoths in Apoc since I do not have any of the Imperial Armor books just yet.... 90 bucks a pop is just a little rough.  However I would appreciate it if anyone would comment on the size of the Forge World Gargantuan Squiggoth model so I can see how close they are in size.







Here are the closeup shots showing the size.  It measures around 10" in length and around 6" in height, but will probably grow an inch or two by the time it is finished. :




I have also included some Orky high definition detailed sketches to get a better idea of what I am planning.  I did forget to add some spikey bits to the tail on the drawing, but you get the idea.





8 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Looks nice so far. I'm generally not a Snakebite fan, but this should look pretty cool when it's all done!

Warhammer In Progress said...

Thanks, my plan is to build some Mega-Squigs on 40mm bases for "run as" Meganobz.
I have never been a fan of the typical 40k Snakebite clans myself (fur armor, bows, catapults), just seems a little too fantasy. So I am trying to focus more on the animalistic side of Snakebites (squigs, gots, sqiggoths...). I will include some fur armor, but wanted them to be updated a bit from the typical prehistoric no technology orks.

sonsoftaurus said...

Those sound like some cool plans!

I agree, the "technology is bad" style of Snakebites is pretty stupid - given that the need to use spaceships to get anywhere. The angle that they use technology, but focus more on biotechnology than the other clans works a lot better for me.

Damn The Valley said...

Haha, that looks like a Dewback from Star Wars. Where did you get that model?

Chris said...

You should make some Ard Boyz to ride this thing, paint their armor white and give them one orange shoulder pad, then you should be able to find the droids you're looking for.

Warhammer In Progress said...

Yes, this may be sacrilege to some, but it is an older Star Wars Dewback toy from the re-release of the original series. I always wanted to try and differentiate it from the original, but I do like the idea of embracing it and going with the Star Wars themed squad. Love the droid comment.

DuendE said...

i Wanna see that proyect !!

Great Blog!

Im following you!

You can follow me too, i Got a Painting blog!

http://malditoduendeminiatures.blogspot.com/

Warhammer In Progress said...

Wow, nice blog, not familiar with the model range, but the painting is fantastic! Will be following your progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Legal

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2010, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.