Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Grot Rod


Here is the latest addition to my Ork army, however I can't decide on which clan will get it.  This trukk was made on the cheap from a Battlewagon chassis I picked up from the Ebay's for around $3, and combined with a healthy dose of left over bits.  


The front end sports a single Head lamp left over from one of my GW building kits.  Kind of gives it a happy face wink now that I am looking at the pic :)




The real wheels where based off a some random Lego bits that were obtained (with permission) from my son.  I covered the rim with plasticard, and also layered it up on the tires themselves to create a more orky tread.  The spokes were some left over Deffkoppta parts, which seem to make it into most of my conversions some how.



The back of the engine is a little sparse, so I may need to do some cleanup/detail work until I am happy with it.  Since my first trukk has a BigShoota mounted on it, I wanted to change it up a bit and throw the "waste of points" rokkit on it somewhere.  I understand that 9 times out of 10 it will not do anything, but all I will remember is the time it did.

More to come soon...  Got updates for my Ku'gath/Great Unclean One coming soon, as well as Nurgle Obliterators, and a new custom Fateweaver/Lord of Change model I have been having fun with...

5 comments:

Thor said...

Great conversion. It all 'fits' perfectly and looks awesome.

Mordian7th said...

That is fantastic. I always enjoyed how one can just bash a bunch of bits together and it just "looks orky". Love it, and look forward to seeing more!

Warhammer In Progress said...

Thanks for the support! The beautiful thing about Orks is how much you can get away with when your modeling... is that crooked? nope, just Orky.

Marcel said...

saw this on tale of painters network! i love the way you can make such awesome conversions with the orks!
I am now following your blog, you can follow me too at

http://marsekayspainting.blogspot.com/

and join the network at

http://randomselecthobbynetwork.blogspot.com/

Warhammer In Progress said...

Already following ya, and thanks! still need to join the network... Been having some of the usual Blog Roll update issues... Hoping to get those ironed out, but it seems to be a common them amongst many bloggers currently.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Legal

This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited.

Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels, Bloodquest, Cadian, Catachan, the Chaos devices, Cityfight, the Chaos logo, Citadel, Citadel Device, Codex, Daemonhunters, Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, 'Eavy Metal, Eldar, Eldar symbol devices, Eye of Terror, Fire Warrior, Forge World, Games Workshop, Games Workshop logo, Genestealer, Golden Demon, Gorkamorka, Great Unclean One, Inquisitor, the Inquisitor logo, the Inquisitor device, Inquisitor:Conspiracies, Keeper of Secrets, Khorne, Kroot, Lord of Change, Necron, Nurgle, Ork, Ork skull devices, Sisters of Battle, Slaanesh, Space Hulk, Space Marine, Space Marine chapters, Space Marine chapter logos, Tau, the Tau caste designations, Tyranid, Tyrannid, Tzeentch, Ultramarines, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k Device, White Dwarf, the White Dwarf logo, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer 40,000 universe are either ®, TM and/or © Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2010, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.